WORKERS COMP CLAIM FILING INFO.
| || |
|How to file a claim for a work related injury|
1. Describe the incident that occurred and how it affected you
Example; At 4:00pm on Tuesday, May 1st I was pulling a tire from a truck and the tire rolled forward, as I was trying to stop it, I felt a sharp shooting pain. I think I may have hurt myself.
2. Tell your supervisor that you would like a copy of your report and make sure it is what you said before you sign it. If your supervisor gives you a hard time you can file a claim yourself on line, but you still need an incident report on file at work and a copy for yourself.
3. Go to the Doctor of your own choice as long as they are in network, you have the right to choose. If your supervisor insists that you have to go to “the company” Doctor of their choice, and you feel intimidated (which is understandable) then you do have the right to change your treating Doctor as long as it is within 30 days from injury.
4. Remember that your treating Doctor helps manage your case, so make sure it is someone that you trust to be a “patient advocate”. Proper treatment is very important, but you also need a Doctor who will help you with disputes if they arise.
5. New/Old injury – the differences. Two years is the cut-off for benefits.
6. Repetitive stress injuries. Date/incident. Exact time of the high point of pain, attach to an incident.
7. Impairment ratings / MMI / Medical dispute resolution. Designated Doctor examination.
| || |
Events Calendar : Elected Officials : Links